Sunday, June 29, 2014

Guest Designer Monique Liedtke

Hi, I’m Monique Liedtke and I live in Europe, in The Netherlands, with my husband, 3 kids (Manon
17, Timothy 15 and Mats 9) and our Cocker Spaniel, Jippie. I started scrapbooking about 11 years ago and am totally addicted; there’s nothing I’d rather do! I don’t have my own scrap room, but I guess you could say I have claimed just about the whole house! I would love to spend every day scrapping from morning till night, but as that’s not possible I work part-time in a small HR office in town. There are many reasons why I love this fabulous hobby; of course because I’m preserving our
memories, but also because of all the new friends I’ve made and last but not least because it helps
in clearing my head in my busy and hectic life: when I scrap I forget everything and anything. Bliss!
My scrap pages are always full of colors and details. My favorite techniques are layering, sewing (both with the sewing machine and by hand), using inks (but not too much) and using lots of Silhouette cuts. If you want to see my projects, please visit my blog:
www.moniquesscrapbook.blogspot.com.

I’m thrilled to guest design for Jenni Bowlin this month! It’s a dream come true!

I find it hard to pick a favorite from the layouts I created with the June papercrafting kit, as I just adore this kit: the colors are so awesome: red is my favorite color, especially combined with golden accents! But if I have to choose a favorite I would say “Love is made for 2”. I almost never use black as a background for my layouts, but when I sanded this black cardstock I just loved what appeared!  

What you see in the photo is my little scrapping niche in the annex of our living room. We don’t have enough room in our house to allow for my own studio, but I don’t mind, I love this little place and it’s totally mine! And small means I have everything within reach!

Having my scrap space in the living room means that I have to tidy up often, but it has its advantages too: it allows me to scrapbook every minute I’m home and still be with my kids! 

My favorite photo would be this photo of my family and my dad and (step)mother right now. We took this last month when we paid my dad and his wife a (week long) surprise visit at their apartment in Spain; we had such a special time together! I lost my mom and (step)dad during the last 4 years and that makes me appreciate moments like these even more!
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Monique, I so love your style! I hear you on the scrap room situation. My stuff takes up half of our living room. Oh, well -- it's for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, you've come so far in scrapbooking, so proud of you. I can still remember our first layouts! Keep it going cause you give such wonderful inspiration to many.
    You are right to have this photo as your fav. Family is so important.....
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always inspire Monique! Love your layout choice. As you know I loved this one too. You should definitely do more with black backgrounds. Fun to see your crafty nook and such a wonderful family photo. Glad you had a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassandra xoxo ! Yes, I'll try and remember that "black" is a color I can use too, lol.

      Delete
  4. The black background is very different for you - got to keep trying new things ;) Love seeing your scrappy space :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree!! Trying new things, I mean :). Thanks Vic for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hoi hoi
    Monique i love the thinks you make. I Am a big fan.
    Liefs thamar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Thamar! You've made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome and amazing Job Monique did!! She always impresses me with her ability to compose and layout such great pages!!

    ReplyDelete