Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful for Someone Special

We are very excited to announce that Christy Strickler is joining our Kit Club Design Team!  Here are a couple pages she's made with our November Kits and you can look forward to a peek at her work with the December Kits tonight at midnight in the Design Team Gallery!  Welcome Christy!

Documenting gratitude isn't just for the month of November. It can be a year round habit. The easiest way to practice is quite simple. Just look through your photos and watch for the moments, both big and little that really catch your heart.

As I looked through the photos of my family, I was quite taken by several little moments that I had captured in which my husband was interacting with our son. I am so very grateful that he spends so much time with our son. I love to see the joy apparent in their faces while they are at play. Each of these small moments bring me so much happiness.
 

The bold, bright colors and playful pattern were perfect for these photos of my husband swinging my son in a blanket.I layered the washi tape over small strips of white cardstock. This enabled me to punch the hearts out with a standard hole punch. The die cut originally said "Love of my Life". I used a white gel pen to trace over the letters and to add a letter "s" to the end of the word love. 


These photos were taken in the Spring. My husband and son are playing on a Squirrel themed video game. Playing on the theme of the game, I was able to create a layout featuring tickets and a bingo card. They are indeed collecting tickets like a squirrel collects nuts. I am grateful for this day spent together as a family. I love the expression on my husband's face as he looks down at my son.

You can find gratitude all year long. It's simply a matter of taking a moment to find little things that fill your heart with joy. We'd love to see your gratitude layouts over in the JBS Mercantile gallery! Take a look through your photos, find a few pictures from a different season and see how you can stretch your Autumn themed supplies to document your gratitude.



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. yahoooo! yea Christy! so happy to see you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Christy!! I'm so excited for you!!! WoooHooo!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Christy!!!! :):) Love the LO's!!!

    ReplyDelete