Thursday, September 12, 2013

Layering Madness, September Papercrafting Kit Style!

Hello!  Tina here today with a layout using the September Papercrafting Kit!

The September Papercrafting Kit is chocked full of awesome COLOR, die-cuts, and fun little metal embellishments!

I love using color and pattern on my layouts and one of my favorite way to use all of this color is by starting with a white background.


I start building color and pattern by adding a bit of splatters and spray mist to my white cardstock, and the exclusive Quilt Star stencil (in the September Papercrafting Kit) is perfect for this!

 
I build on the background by adding die-cuts, patterned paper, and small little embellishments.  I even re-colored the metal embellishments with Distress Stain for a different look.


So that my photo wouldn't compete with all of the color and pattern, I changed it to Black & White.  I also hid unwanted sections of the photo with die-cuts and embellishments.


Don't be afraid to use those die-cuts and patterned paper!  And always use COLOR, COLOR, & more COLOR!  :)

Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you have a great week!


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic layout---loving the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love how you layered all those Glitz die-cuts!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering, flow, and distressed clips! Gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete