Friday, September 21, 2012

Back to School: Art/Art History

Art has always been my favorite subject from the time I was in grade school right up to college. I guess that's why I find scrapbooking so intriguing. It's the perfect combination of the art I love & memories I want to preserve forever. 

On a shopping day with my sister last week, we made a quick stop at a 7-11 for a cup of coffee. They were doing a poll in honor of the upcoming election. You cast your vote based on which cup you choose. I thought it was just a funny way of slipping politics into our lives one more time. This isn't about which coffee cup I chose, but simply about the use of politics everywhere. 

Here is the original photo I snapped with my iPod.



On our last stop of the day, I came across a beautiful display of Andy Warhol inspired cans of Campbell's soup at Target...



...and thought hmmmm... that's a cool inspiration piece.


And I've always loved this piece...


So, I did a bit of playing in photoshop with my coffee cup picture & came up with this...


I did keep the colors within the red, white & blue range as I wanted it to fit into the theme of my page. But this is something that could easily be done with any photo. 




Supplies: 





Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Even though I don't share the politics, I absolutely love your layout. The play of the stars on the page, the way you created the title and the contrast of the cup sleeve against the photos - wonderful!!! the handwriting also makes a great contrast against the straight lines in the layout. I think I might lift this for a layout about my love of Starbuck's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Megan! Brilliant use of the inspiration and I love the flow of your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do share your politics,and also love the layout! It's fun to try and use the flotsam and jetsam of our daily lives in our art.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't know much about American politics I LOVE your layout. The design, the colors and the embellishments are great! Also love the handwriting on your page!

    I just finished a page as well. It's on my blog if you want to see it:
    http://moniquesscrapbook.blogspot.nl/2012/09/playing-with-jbs-mercantile.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the patriotism with the red, white and blue and the digital editing of the pictures! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous and amazing LO!!
    Love the design, colors and journaling!!

    ReplyDelete