Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Garland #5 by Shimelle Laine


All this month, the JBS design team are working on a collaborative project - a Christmas garland made with all sorts of Jenni Bowlin product!  I started my contribution with one piece from the large chipboard banner set, then layered two rub-ons over the top.  First the silver receipt, then the photo design in green (that colour is a members' exclusive, and I love the fresh, spring green mixed with Christmas tones).

At the top, double-sided tape was my friend.  I used it first to adhere a length of ribbon to the chipboard, then ran another length of tape to cover in sparkly green glitter.  You can't make Christmas decorations without glitter!  It's the law.

I stamped Jenni's new alphabet (in the store soon) with black Staz-on ink and replaced the dot on the j with the star stamp in the set.  I added just a tiny bit of colouring inside the letters with a pale green marker.  And then finished everything with two red butterfly stickers and the plain chipboard butterflies to give them some extra dimension.

Join us all month long for little bits of Christmas wonder with Jenni Bowlin Studio!

Love & glitter,
Shimelle

PS: Join me this weekend for three days of Christmas crafting fun with tutorials, Christmas journal preparation and more, including some special JBS projects, of course.  It starts on Friday and it's completely free - just stop by shimelle.com!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. shimelle, i love everythig about this and you used my all time favorite word!

    joy to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty. I love the green and who would have thunk butterflies on a Christmas ornament. I love it!! Waiting for my kit so I can get started on all these really neat ornaments!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like reading how you got the effect on your project. The rub-on's make it a very interesting method of embellishment!!
    ava

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, U R so funny. Great Law! I hear and obey. What you said about green glitter reminded me of another funny woman, my Aunt. She came for dinner once and I had made Japanese food...when she wanted seaweed to put on top she said, please pass me some of that green glitter!" really gave me a laugh. Thx 4 sharing! Love the ornament esp. the clever star on top! craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete