Sunday, April 18, 2010

If You're Still Waiting for Spring....


Living in Colorado, we often get teased by Mother Nature. March rolls around and she'll give us several days of gorgeous sun, crisp breezes, birds chirping, and buds starting to blossom. Then, just like that, she'll dump a huge snowstorm on us and all signs of spring will be covered in the white stuff! I've learned not to put away the snow boots and shovels until May arrives. And instead of waiting for spring to appear outside my door, I'll bring the season to life on my scrapbook pages!

If you're still waiting for spring in your neck of the woods, pull out some brightly colored papers, and anything with butterflies or flowers and get to work on a page! For my page, I used one of my favorite JBS papers, Green Cross Hatch from the Front Porch line and mixed in some Turquoise Tiny Dot and the Pink Soda Label to make a pennant banner. Then I covered some chipboard letters with the pink JBS tickets and made a few simple flowers from the Turquoise Crepe Paper Ribbon. I love the crisp look of the white chipboard butterfly and originally I was going to use it on the page as is. But then I thought it might look more interesting covered in various sizes of clear buttons. I love the subtle bit of texture and sparkle it adds! The finishing touch was to add two of the Cream Stick Pins as antennae.

I'd love to see what spring-inspired creations you can make with Jenni Bowlin goodies, so be sure and link them here! And Happy Spring!

Delightful! Thanks for the inspiration Lisa!

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. lisa!! those ticket letters?? BRILLIANT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking button butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ticket covered letters are brilliant. Such a beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to use buttons on the butterfly----love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Button butterfly with pin antenna, what an unusual inspiring idea.

    I love all this cool, colorful style.

    ReplyDelete