Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine by Michelle McCord

I decided to create a canvas type hanging for my mom for Valentine's day. I can't even tell you what the little plastic squares I used are called (to make the background) My mom's husband works in a factory and brought me home these 4x4 inch plastic looking frames. I covered them with some Moda fabric, and used that as my canvas.
I started adding all the new and VERY beautiful butterflies onto the canvas along with some rhinestones for butterfly trails, and some felt butterflies layered and blinged up. I layered two of the felt butterflies, used my sewing machine to sew them together and added some of my own bling to mimic the look of the new JBS Embellished Butterflies. Love how layering them makes them really look like they are flying off the page.
I made my favorite 'penant' on this canvas to add some whimsy. Before attaching the penant flags, I dipped the tips of them into some pink Kaiser paint that came with the January JBS kit to give it a look like frosting. Total Sweetness! Thanks for the inspiration Michelle!


Thanks for the inspiration Michelle!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle - this is such a sweet valentine, I know your mom will love it.

    ReplyDelete